Saturday, March 1, 2014

I am a dolphin!

Tonight I took one of those little tests on Facebook; it was titled, 'What animal are you?" After answering the ten questions, I was told that I am a dolphin. Excellent! I love dolphins! They are adorable and entertaining, hmm...kind of like me except without the bottle nose and fins! It went into further personality traits by stating the following: 

"You are a lover of life and people. Your energy and appetite for learning plus intelligence and empathy make you successful at almost everything."

So, lets analyze the information for the sake of my blog post. I agree that I, in general, am a "people lover" as well as a "lover of life." I do try to see the good in people, despite my instincts built in from long ago that steer me in the opposite direction. I haven't always been a lover of life. I have mentioned the survival mode mindset that I was stuck in for a long time. There is no blame to be placed. I made decisions in my life that lead me to that state of being. The difference now is simply that I am making better choices. I consider what is best for myself as well as my family. 

Although I am still working on attaining the stability I desire and have yet to conquer the weight loss monster, I do absolutely love life. The love my children have for me is amazing and pure and can not be shaken, no matter how many mistakes I think I make as their mom. I can only pray that they feel the same thing from me, despite having the responsibility of disciplining them and providing structure that they aren't always excited to receive. I also know the love of an incredible man. He supports my dreams, stands beside me and helps me to see things from a perspective other than my own. He tells me every day that he loves me and that he misses me when we are not together, but more importantly, he shows me these things. 


Although I agree that I have an energy and appetite for learning and show empathy and even some intelligence, I don't know that I am successful at "almost everything." What I will say is that I am getting there! I am learning new things in school and in life that I know will be a tremendous help in my future successes. I suppose for now, I will enjoy the little accomplishments: the smiles of my children, the "A" papers and assignments, the positive and constructive feedback of my instructors, the bond of true friendships that I maintain, and the wonderful relationship I anticipate being made of the things that last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment