Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another Wintery Mix?

The last thing I wanted to hear in the weather forecast was to expect another wintery mix headed our way. One of the benefits I look forward to enjoying having moved from Illinois (close to the Wisconsin border) to Missouri is less severe winters, less snow accumulation. Granted, we definitely get less snow, but Missouri ice storms are no joke! It looks like starting in the wee hours of the morning we will bet getting just that. Perhaps someone needs to advise Mother Nature that we are two days away from the beginning of March! Please, no more snow, no more ice, and no more wintery mixes! 

I look forward to the things we can expect in the springtime. I want to hear birds chirping; I want to see flowers blooming and grass returning to its vibrant shades of green. I want to wear cute sandals and play outside with my kids. I want to surround my balcony with pretty flowers and a decorated set of table and chairs. I look forward to sitting outside soaking up the sun's rays while doing homework instead of being stuck inside under artificial lighting. I miss walking at the park, kicking a ball around outside, playing catch, and cooking out on the grill.

I want to pack away winter coats and hats, gloves and scarves, extra thick blankets and big wet boots. I don't want to have to dress in layers and wear thick, fat socks. I don't want to argue with my son about the fact that he wants to run outside in just a hoodie and shoes or have to remind my daughter, for the one-hundredth time to remember to bring her coat home and not leave it in her locker at school. 

I want Spring to arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment