Thursday, February 20, 2014

Frustration sets in...

To be honest, I contemplated whether or not to approach this subject in my blog, considering this blog was created as a school assignment. That having been said, this blog has become more than just a requirement; it is a way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out, often allowing me to free my stresses of the day and lessen the amount of things spinning around in my head as I prepare for sleep. 

I am an online student this semester and I am growing more and more frustrated with some major differences I have experienced when I compare my current experiences with past experiences in seated classes.  Tonight I am going to let it all out in hopes that I can come up with a positive, proactive way of figuring out what, if anything, I can do to improve my current outlook on this semester.

We are going into our sixth week out of a sixteen week semester; that is a pretty good chunk of time. I have yet to receive instructor feedback on several assignments that have been turned in, some of which date back to mid January. This was never a problem in the many seated classes I have taken, which leads me to believe that perhaps this is what is to be expected of online classes. It leaves me with little direction and almost no chance for improvement. Unfortunately, this is the case in the majority of my classes and I am not sure why, nor do I have a clue how to fix it. 

Several times in multiple classes I have submitted assignments as instructed only to find a "0" under my grade with little to no explanation why. In one keystroke, I went from an "A+" (100%) to a "D" after having earned ten points on an assignment worth thirty points. This assignment spans three weeks of submissions, each worth ten points. Two of the weeks aren't due yet. One was due Wednesday that got extended to Friday, which is tomorrow and the third part is due next Wednesday. I submitted the first part on time (which I can only assume is where the ten points came from), I submitted the second part on it's original due date. Frustration is definitely setting in. 

Okay, so I feel a little better getting that out without any use of profanity. Go me! I am going to see if I can go into work late tomorrow so that I can drop by campus and see if I can catch up with some instructors. Maybe putting a face with my name will help and I can show, in person, how important schooling and feedback is to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment