Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bad, Bad Service

Ever heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That seems to come to mind when I think about our dining experience this evening. Normally, when we go out to eat, we go to Cheddars. The food is very good, the service is great, and I can't think of a time we had a negative experience. I used to wait tables so I know how much hard work it is, how tiring it is on the feet, and how sometimes, no matter how nice you are, you get stuck with unappreciative guests. My point is, it takes a lot to NOT get a good tip from me. 

It is extremely rare for me to give less than a twenty per cent tip. Tonight, I didn't give a dime and it was even on a $75 check. I know it sounds horrible, but if I could have given a "negative" tip, I would have considered it. The only positive thing was that we didn't have to wait for a table. It was all downhill from there. On several occasions, our server and other members of the staff, when dropping things off to our table literally plopped them down on the table without saying a word and just kept walking. Whether it was a cup of gravy, an ordered drink, a straw, they swooped in, plopped it down, and swooped right back out. Unacceptable. 

I don't just go out to eat for the food. Sometimes it is to get out, enjoying a different atmosphere, but mainly it is to sit down with my family and have a nice time. Granted, we still had a good time, but the service and the food left much to be desired. The fish was bland even with a parmesan crusted topping, the mashed potatoes were cold, and a drink came with suds and floaties in it. 

Next time it is my turn to choose a place to eat, it will not be Chili's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment