Sunday, February 9, 2014

Guided Freewrite -- My Personal Credo

In my English class, we are being assigned to, on our blog, compose a personal credo that distills our unique approach to life into a short statement...no more than 250 words. To prepare for this assignment, tonight's blog is simply a "freewrite" detailing ideas and examples of how I think I should live my life. First I had to find out what a credo was. 

Step 1: Ask someone what a credo is. 
Step 2: Google "personal credo" to see if what he told me was right...and he was. 

It's been a long day, so after a nice, warm, refreshing shower that allowed me some quiet time to think about what is important to me in terms of how I want to live my life; this is what I have come up with, in no particular order: 

Love and trust in God
     also teach your children the love of God so they will never feel truly alone
Live with purpose
     let your actions and your choices reflect the purpose that drives you
Love unconditionally without fear or hesitation
      love with your whole heart or don't love at all, it should never be conditional
Give more than you could ever hope to receive
     realize that you get much more out of giving than receiving
Find something positive in every situation
     even hardships have something positive, even if nothing more than a lesson learned
Always have a thirst for knowledge
     never stop learning in life
Recognize life's little blessings as they come
     don't get so busy with life that you can't see the blessings in front of you
     no matter how small they may appear
Live with Integrity
     have strong moral principles that you pass on to your children
Listen more intensely and more often than you speak 
     a tough one for lil miss jabber jaws, but always listen actively, engage
Always be honest and trustworthy
     don't ever give anyone a reason to doubt you, for if you do, you have lost everything
Follow through on promises
     you never want to see a look of disappointment because you didn't follow through
Show your children love so they will recognize it when they see and feel it
     make sure they know how to love themselves first, only then can they give love to others

Be encouraging and uplifting in every possible situation
     leave your mark on this world with the way you made a difference to someone else

Something I learned in a read is that it is better to start with too much and trim down to the "meat" of my text...this blog (before this last paragraph) was a little over 400 words. My next step will be to research other creed's and reflect on them, and then begin to narrow my personal creed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment