Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Bop It!

Wednesday, February 5 2014   (383 Words)

Have you heard of the "Bop It" game? Every year Hasbro comes out with a new version of this popular handheld game. It has become a tradition of sorts that every year for Christmas, you will find me at WalMart, cruising the game aisle, seeking out the newest version as a gift for my family to enjoy. It's become a "staple" in my gift-giving list. It is a pretty cool toy and I tell myself that it helps my children work on their listening skills, reaction time, hand-eye coordination and sportsmanship. 

I was very excited to see that this past Christmas, there was a Bop It TETRIS! Can you say awesome? I have always been a huge fan on tetris. I haven't played it online, but I used to have a handheld tetris I would play when I worked overnights at an answering service and sometimes would not get calls for an hour at a time. Needless to say, I got really good at it!

One thing I didn't account for is how distracting this wonderful little game is when you have three children and they are all playing a different one at the same time. That is what I am listening to right now as I try to write this first of twenty-five blogs, one a day, as required for a course I am taking (and starting to enjoy more and more each day). It is quite distracting. Especially when your ten-year-old gets frustrated and starts making comments to the game like, "whatever, I hit the twisted the stupid thing," or my personal favorite, "it's cheating." So much for sportsmanship! It's an electronic, son, it isn't cheating! Geesh! It is clearly time for him to get in the shower. Off he goes. One Bop It! down and two to go. My youngest decided he wants a snack before bed, and relinquished the loud toy in exchange for a cup of apple sauce. Two down, one to go. My oldest has already taken a shower, so I can't stop the third and final Bop It that way. Ah, yes, her dad has called her to say good night. There goes the third one. 

It is far from quiet, but knowing that my babies will all be fast asleep soon is a wonderful feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment