Sunday, February 23, 2014

Constant Rearranging...

I am a serial re-arranger! Living in an apartment with three kids has its challenges. I am always trying to find ways to have more open space on some pretty limiting square footage and tonight was no different! I had just moved furniture around in the living room about a week ago. I thought it looked pretty good, but it definitely took up some of our free space, so I wasn't sure if it would stay. It didn't. 

Today I was at it again, putting the couch back against the wall it was at before, sliding the television and its stand to another wall and down a bit, flipping the chaise lounge to the other side of the room, and moving the end table back next to the couch by the door. It isn't easy, but I really like the way it is now. We have our "extra" space back despite my adding a new large, square seat/foot rest to the room. 

Daddy left for work and the living room looked one way, then came home and it looked different. I think he likes it too. Our little man is definitely a fan, he was running around being loud. The smile across his face showed that the changes met his approval. I think I am going to leave it like this for a while, even though it means my desk being somewhat shoved in the corner. I suppose I could have moved the couch down a bit more to give me more room, but that would mean shifting the pictures and sconces above the couch and I wasn't up for that challenge, at least not tonight. 

So, for now, I will sit back and relax. I am looking forward to sitting down and having dinner with Daddy. I love when he cooks for us. It looks delicious! I can't wait to wrap up this day snuggling up together on the couch watching a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment