Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What comes to mind when you hear the word 'Pandora' ?

I think when most people talk about 'Pandora' they imagine the free, personalized internet radio that plays music its operator selects. When I think of 'Pandora', I think about the most special gift I have ever received that doesn't eat, sleep, or poop. Sometimes I get emails and in the subject line I see this word, my eyes light up with excitement, only to find out it is about music and not my favorite store in the mall. 

I discovered Pandora bracelets a few years ago. Of course, I had charm bracelets when I was younger, but nothing like the detail and thoughtfulness of a beautiful Pandora bracelet. I never bought myself one. I thought it was silly to get one for myself. I wanted it to be special. Well, a while back, my special guy sent me to the mall to get my special bracelet. He was out of town working, or I am sure he would have braved the mall himself. 

My breathtaking bracelet that sparkles with magnificent beauty started off with three charms, one representing each of my children. An adorable, fat penguin, a 'lil' hanging monkey, and a horse/donkey. It looks like a horse, but I assure you, it is all donkey! I won't tell which belongs to who and why; Only the gift giver and I are privy to that information. 

Each charm has such a special meaning to me. I have a charm that is a stack of school books with an owl in a cap and gown on one side and "STUDY" on the other side; I got this one for earning a 4.0 at OTC. I have an adorable little giraffe because it is my favorite animal at the zoo. Evey time I look at it, I think about the day we too our little boy to the zoo for the very first time. That was a really special day. I have a hanging charm that is a mini Claddagh Irish ring. I had a ring just like this when I was in high school, it was probably my favorite piece of jewelry. What amazes me is that I don't think my special guy knew that. A heart with a lock and key, a "family" charm, a Bible charm, even a charm that has my favorite color in it.

The only charms I picked out were the ones representing my three children. How do they manage to pick out the perfect charm at the perfect time? I think it is because Daddy pays attention. He invests in me, in us. The moment I put it on, I feel the love that went into picking out each and every charm. I wonder what will come next...

No comments:

Post a Comment