Monday, February 17, 2014

I can be SUCH a girl!

Here's the thing. MY pancakes are special! First of all, they are perfectly golden brown, fluffy, thick but not too thick little bites of deliciousness! I am by no means a chef and I am not very creative in the kitchen, although I wish I was. But, I can make a killer breakfast. It's not just my pancakes. It's cheesy eggs with a hint of pepper, it's hash browns - the little square ones - sometimes with peppers, and it's turkey sausage or turkey bacon. If I make you MY pancakes, it's because it's something I know I can get right. I know you are going to love them. So just appreciate the gesture and don't go anywhere else to get pancakes! Yes, this really is about my pancakes. I am fully aware of how silly I sound and as I type this I wonder; is this neurotic? It must be a girl thing.

I find the simplest things and make them special. In reality, it's who I am doing all these little things with that make whatever it is so darn special. I don't want to see movies without him because there is no better way to watch a movie. I want to be curled up on our couch together with him making me try combinations of snack foods that I would never think to put together. They always turn out tasty; my pancakes are better. 
 
So, if he comes across a Denny's or an IHOP in his travels, he can order lunch, or he can order dinner, he can even order breakfast, just NOT the pancakes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment